Whether you use your Prestige kettle to make a cup of tea or to boil some water for your pasta dish, there are some general instructions we highly recommend for best usage and safety. Please note these are for general guidance and you can find the full details on how to care for your kettle in the use & care.
The below is for general guidance. Please refer to your use and care for full details on how to care for your kettle.
- Always disconnect the kettle from the mains supply before cleaning.
- Always ensure that the kettle is cold before cleaning.
- Clean the exterior surface of the kettle with a clean, damp cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring agents of any kind in or outside the kettle.
- Fully dry the kettle before re-using.
- Do not immerse the kettle or power base in water or other liquid, and ensure that the socket on the base unit is kept dry.
IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT TO DESCALE YOUR KETTLE REGULARLY. NOT DOING SO WILL COMPROMISE THE APPEARANCE AND EFFICIENCY OF THE APPLIANCE AND COULD RESULT IN FAILURE OF OPERATION. NOT DESCALING AS ADVISED COULD INVALIDATE YOUR GUARANTEE.
- Always use a quality descaler and follow manufacturers recommendations and instructions.
- If your kettle is not descaled regularly, excessive scale build-up may cause:
- The kettle to switch itself on and off during use, or may switch off early.
- Unsightly scale deposits.